Security Benefit Fund
- Life Insurance Fund Benefit
The New York Fire Department Life Insurance Fund benefit for retirees is increasing. For deaths occurring on or after July 1, 2017, the benefit will be $7,500 as opposed to the formerly $6,000.
The paycheck and pension deduction for this benefit will not increase as a result of this change, it remains $9 a month.
For active members the benefit remains $8,500.
- Medicare Information
Any Members who enroll with MEDICARE *MUST* notify both the union (UFA/SBF) and the NYC Office of Labor Relations - Employee Health Benefits Program. If you FAIL to NOTIFY both of these organizations, it could result in a lapse in medical / prescription coverage.
Please CLICK HERE and review the Medicare Information Document for instructions on what to do.
If you have questions, please call the UFA/SBF at 212-683-4723 and press 2 for a Benefits Associate, or email email@example.com.
- UFA/SBF Optical, Hearing Aid and Cataract Benefits have been INCREASED. CLICK HERE for the Improved Optical, Hearing Aid and Cataract Benefit Letter.
- CLICK HERE for the UFA SBF / RFSBF Privacy Practices Notice
- CLICK HERE for the Summary of Retired Security Benefit Fund Benefits.
- CLICK HERE for Pharmacy Benefit Plan Changes (JANUARY 2012) for Security Benefit Fund ACTIVE MEMBERS.
- CLICK HERE for Young Adult (19-26) SBF Enrollment Mailing (June 2011) - for Security Benefit Fund (Optical, Prescription & Dental) Benefits - ACTIVE and RETIRED Members
- ACTIVE members seeking Young Adult (19-26) NYC Medical Benefits Coverage Information should call the FDNY Health Desk at 718-999-2196 (or use the ESS / NYCAPS system to add a dependent. Go to www.nyc.gov/ess for more information).
- RETIRED members seeking Young Adult (19-26) NYC Medical Benefits Coverage Information should contact the NYC Office of Labor Relations at 212-513-0470.
- CVS/Caremark -- Access to Walgreens Pharmacies Renewed
It was reported that Walgreens and its affiliates would no longer be a participating pharmacy for prescription drugs under the UFA plan. However, an agreement was reached on Friday, June 18th between CVS Caremark and Walgreens.
This means members will have uninterrupted access to Walgreens and other pharmacies (Duane Reade and Happy Harry's) participating in CVS Caremark's national network, which consists of more than 64,000 retail pharmacies, including numerous chain and independent pharmacies.
- CLICK HERE for Information regarding NYC Health Benefits for Young Adult Dependents up to Age 29.