New York City will commemorate the 19th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center. The observance will take place at the National September 11th Memorial Plaza at the WTC Site at Liberty Street and Trinity Place on the morning of September 11th, 2020.
- The ceremony will observe six moments of silence:
- 0846 hours: In observance of the time the first plane struck the North Tower. Houses of worship throughout the City will be encouraged to toll their bells at this time.
- 0903 hours: In observance of the time the second plane struck the South Tower.
- 0937 hours: In observance of the time Flight 77 struck the Pentagon.
- 0959 hours: In observance of the time of the fall of the South Tower.
- 1003 hours: In observance of the time Flight 93 crashed near Shanksville, PA.
- 1028 hours: In observance of the time of the fall of the North Tower.
On September 11th, as a mark of respect to those members of the Department who made the Supreme Sacrifice on September 11, 2001, all Firehouses shall affect the following:
- A few minutes before 0846 hours, Department Apparatus (where applicable) shall be pulled onto the apron of quarters.
- At 0845 hours, the Company officer may read the Remembrance a few moments before the 0846 hours moment of silence, before placing apparatus back in quarters.
- Companies shall observe additional moments of silence at 0903, 0937, 0959, 1003 and 1028 hours.
On September 11th, from 0800 hours to dusk, an Honor Guard will be stationed at the Tribute Wall located on the outer wall of Engine 10 / Ladder 10.
On September 11th, at 0930 hours, members of Battalion 18 will host the annual Memorial Services at the Firemen's Monument on Riverside Drive and 100th Street (Upper West Side of Manhattan). A Mass at St. John the Divine will follow at 1215 hours.
September 11th Related Ceremonies:
On September 11th, at 1800 hours, the Office of the Staten Island Borough President will host a Memorial Service at the Staten Island September 11th Memorial located adjacent to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal.
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral:
On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 1000 hours, E-54/L-4/B-9 will host a Memorial Mass honoring the fallen FDNY members who perished on September 11th, 2001. The Mass will be held at St. Patrick's Cathedral, 5th Avenue, Manhattan.