Fire that Burned Through Roof of Bronx Building was Caused by Fireworks, FDNY Says

NY Post - June 24, 2020

by Kenneth Garger

Click Here for Original Story

De Blasio announces firework crackdown plan A fire to a Bronx apartment building on Tuesday morning that caused “extensive damage” to the roof was caused by fireworks, the FDNY said.

The blaze erupted about 9:20 a.m. atop a 5-story building on Valentine Avenue near East 194th Street in Fordham Manor, the department said.

Two dozen smoke eaters doused the flames in 20 minutes, authorities said.

Nobody was injured in the fire, but the rooftop and top floor of the residence sustained heavy damage.

The FDNY released photos showing the extent of the destruction. The building was left with a gaping hole in its roof and charred debris filled up a top floor room.

Bronx building was caused by fireworks, FDNY says By Kenneth Garger June 23, 2020 | 10:44pm

De Blasio announces firework crackdown plan A fire to a Bronx apartment building on Tuesday morning that caused “extensive damage” to the roof was caused by fireworks, the FDNY said.

The blaze erupted about 9:20 a.m. atop a 5-story building on Valentine Avenue near East 194th Street in Fordham Manor, the department said.

Two dozen smoke eaters doused the flames in 20 minutes, authorities said.

Nobody was injured in the fire, but the rooftop and top floor of the residence sustained heavy damage.

The FDNY released photos showing the extent of the destruction. The building was left with a gaping hole in its roof and charred debris filled up a top floor room.

The department used the fire as a reminder that using illegal fireworks “can lead to fires, serious burns, injuries, and even death.”