Click Here for Original Story
More than 100 firefighters battled a three-alarm blaze in The Bronx Sunday morning, according to the FDNY.
The fire started just before 6 a.m. at a single-family home on Shakespeare Avenue in Highbridge, an FDNY spokesman said.
Seven people who lived in the home with a cat and dog all made it out with their pets. An elderly man who lived next door was treated for minor injuries. The fire, which left the outside of the home charred and crumbling, also caused some damage to the adjourning houses.
“I think it was electrical,” said 35-year-old Montario Nixon, who lived in the home.
“There was no cigarettes, no space heater. It was climbing on the wall. I went to get the fire extinguisher, when I came back it spread all over.”