It was hell on Manhattan’s West Side on Friday.
A blaze broke out in a building with the street number “666” in Hell’s Kitchen, causing a haze of smoke to billow over the neighborhood, according to fire officials and photos of the scene.
Flames erupted on the first floor of the five-story building at 666 Ninth Ave. around 10:50 a.m., according to fire officials.
“My cat was waking me up. I opened the window, and I saw smoke coming from below. I knew something was wrong,” said third-floor tenant David Molano. “I woke my roommate up, and we ran out of the building. I was overwhelmed with smoke, and I inhaled a lot of it. I couldn’t even see in front of me.”
Bill Plexidas, the owner of Clinton Glass and Mirrors on the first floor, said, “Everything is destroyed inside.”
Several neighbors told The Post that they witnessed a woman sitting on the outside ledge of her window –– located on the top floor of the building,
“We did remove one victim who was on the ledge. Quick action by the units got her down,” said Deputy Assistant Fire Chief Tom Currao. “So far we have two minor injuries and three minor injuries to firefighters. We used about 25 units, 100 firefighters and EMTs. It’s still an ongoing operation. The fire marshals will be conducting a full investigation.”