Sparks Fly after Utility Pole in Laurelton Catches Fire: FDNY

The Patch - October 23, 2019

LAURELTON, QUEENS — A utility pole in Laurelton caught on fire Tuesday morning, according to the FDNY and video from an eyewitness.

The fire started about 7:20 a.m. on 234th Street near 139th Avenue, a Fire Department spokesperson said.

Video posted to the Citizen app shows sparks flying from the utility pole as firefighters extinguish the flames.

No injuries were reported, according to the spokesperson.