News 12 - May 10, 2019
BED-STUY - The victims of a fire in Harlem are being remembered Thursday -- four of whom were children, and one being a former Brooklyn resident.
According to the FDNY, the fire in Harlem started Wednesday after a stove was left unattended. Six family members died, the oldest being 45 year old, and the youngest was just three.
Among the victims was Andrea Pollidore, who used to call Bed-Stuy home until another fire forced her to leave. Community members say it was a life taken too soon.
The FDNY says the fire started accidentally. They add that no smoke alarms were detected.