UFANYC.org - January 11, 2019
All members attending the funeral of FF Steven Pollard on Friday, January 11, at 11:30 AM, are advised that due to extremely limited parking in the area surrounding, there will be no parking of personal vehicles allowed along Nostrand Ave., between Ave. S and Ave. Y.
Parking for private vehicles has been established at Aviator Sports & Events Center, located at. Vehicles should enter the south entrance at Flatbush Ave. and Aviation Rd.
Friday January 10, 2019 11:30AM
Good Shepherd Church
All Off-Duty Members should attend in Class A Uniform.
Shuttles will be provided to transport members to and from the church beginning at 0900, with the last shuttle returning to Aviator Sports at 1700. Shuttles returning to Aviator Sports will pick members up at the following three locations:
- Gerritsen Ave. and Fillmore Ave.
- Gerritsen Ave. and Ave. S
- Gerritsen Ave. and Ave. T
Members who are traveling by their own chartered bus are advised to follow this pre-established traffic plan:
- Take Coney Island Ave. and turn onto Ave. Y, towards Nostrand Ave. Buses should then make a left onto Nostrand Ave. and continue to Ave. T. Buses will be parked along Nostrand Ave; starting at Ave. T, and heading south.
Mass transportation is available for those wishing to utilize it. The closest available options are:
- B or Q train to Kings Hwy. or the Q train to Ave. U Nearby bus routes include the B2, B31, and B44
There will be a coalition immediately following the conclusion of the funeral services at Aviator Sports & Events Center.
The Pollard family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the UFA Thomas Elsasser Fund (). More information about the Fund and donations can be found in the 'Donate' section of the UFA website ( ).