FDNY: Fordham Apartment Fire Deemed Accidental

News 12 - February 01, 2018

by News 12

FORDHAM - A four-alarm fire inside a Fordham apartment building that injured three people was accidental, according to fire officials.

The FDNY says the fire was started from a malfunctioning electrical wire inside of 240 E.194th St. around 11 p.m. Tuesday

Some residents were displaced as a result of the fire.

Two firefighters and a resident of the building were injured, but are expected to be OK.

Fire officials say the blaze began on the top floor and spread to the roof of the building.