Hotlines and Useful Links
1. Office on Violence against Women
US Dept. of Justice office leading a national effort to combine federal laws with assistance to states to fight domestic violence against women.
2. Family Violence Prevention Fund
Nonprofit organization educates the public about domestic violence and works towards prevention and public policy reform. Find out how to get involved.
3. American Bar Association - Commission on Domestic Violence
Directory from the American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence includes links to shelters and support groups.
4. Window Between Worlds
Nonprofit organization promotes creative and artistic expression to help battered women and children. Examine galleries and merchandise.
5. Phenomenal Women Of The Web - Against Domestic Violence
Learn about the online campaign to raise awareness and provide support for victims of domestic violence.
6. Domestic Violence Handbook
Domestic violence resources and general information, including details of protection orders, from a Michigan group.
1. AAMFT - Counseling and Therapy
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy provides general information and a location guide to marriage and family therapists.
2. Boca Marriage Counseling
Lists therapists and professionals who provide marriage counseling, pre-marital counseling, and other family and relationship counseling in Boca Raton, FL.
3. National Directory of Marriage and Family Counseling:
4. Marriage counseling: An Article on Marriage Counseling by the Mayo Clinic
Marriage counseling: An article on marriage counseling by the Mayo Clinic
5. The Benefits of Marriage Counseling
1. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Twenty-four hour free hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Strictly confidential. Additional information about suicide prevention available at:
2. Veteran Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Twenty-four hour free hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1 for a Veterans' Counselor. Strictly Confidential
3. If You Are Thinking About Suicide ... Read This First
Essay on suicide and the arguments against it includes support, advice and points to ponder before taking the plunge.
4. Living With Suicide
Survivors who have lost loved ones to suicide are invited to contribute their thoughts, join in discussion and read others' stories.
5. American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Presents results of research into suicide and covers such issues as depression.
6. American Association of Suicidology
Peruse helpful information and resources from this nonprofit organization geared to help individuals with depression and discourage suicide.