WABC - December 02, 2018
MIDTOWN EAST, Manhattan (WABC) -- A popular steakhouse caught fire on Manhattan's East Side early Saturday morning.
Firefighters continued to work into daybreak on a very active scene at Smith & Wollensky on Third Avenue in Midtown East.
Investigators believe the fire started in the restaurant's pipes then spread to the rest of the building around 4 a.m. Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental and was cause by grease inside a duct.
The fire was brought under control in about 90 minutes, officials said.
No civilians or firefighters were injured.