Fire in Queens Home Kills 47-Year-Old Woman and Her Beloved Dog

NY Daily News - November 06, 2018

by NOAH GOLDBERG and GRAHAM RAYMAN

A fast-moving fire that may have started in a space heater tore through a Queens home Monday morning, killing a 47-year-old woman and her beloved 8-year-old dog Champ, authorities said.

The blaze in the two-story home on Beach 95th St. near Rockaway Beach Blvd. in Rockaway Beach erupted just before 8 a.m., police said. After 60 firefighters responded, Dawn Greig was found unconscious on the second floor, where the fire first erupted. Her dog perished in the flames.

Medics rushed Greig to St. John’s Hospital, where she died.