The Patch - June 13, 2018by patch.com
FDNY officials tweeted photos of the cats getting treated for smoke inhalation on Monday. By Caroline Spivack, Patch Staff | Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm ET | Updated Jun 12, 2018 4:55 pm ET
LOWER EAST SIDE, NY — Firefighters rescued a pair of imperiled felines from a fire at a Lower East Side high-rise, said fire officials. First responders saved the cats from the 14th floor-blaze at Grand Street between Lewis Street and FDR Drive that sparked on Friday at 11:20 a.m.
The four furballs were treated for smoke inhalation and one man was treated for minor injuries, according to the fire department.
FDNY officials tweeted a pair of photos of the recovering mousers and New Yorkers were quick to shower the city's bravest with praise on Twitter.