Soho Manhole Fire Causes Elevated Carbon Monoxide Levels

The Patch - March 14, 2018

by Ciara McCarthy, Patch Staff

Two buildings in Soho are being evacuated because of elevated carbon monoxide levels, fire officials said.

SOHO, NY — Multiple buildings in Soho were evacuated on Tuesday afternoon after a manhole fire caused elevated carbon monoxide levels in the area, fire officials said.

The manhole fire broke out near 54 Watts St. on Tuesday at about 2:14 p.m., an FDNY spokesman told Patch.

ConEd responders are en route to the scene to monitor the elevated carbon monoxide levels in the neighborhood. At least two buildings were evacuated because of the elevated carbon monoxide, according to the FDNY.